Who will win FIFA's Player of the Year?

Thursday, December 4, 2008

And the winner goes to.....

- 2007/2008 Ballon D'Or -
Most often referred to as the "European Footballer of the Year Award"

The annual association football award is presented every year by French Football magazine – France Football. The award usually is awarded to the player considered to have performed best over the previous year. December 1st 2008, Cristiano Ronaldo became the first Portuguese winner of the Ballon D’Or. Coming in second place was AC Milan’s – Kaka, Barcelona FC – Messi and Liverpool FC – Fernando Torres.

"It is one of the most beautiful days of my life, something I dreamed of as a child," said the 23-year-old winger. "Great emotion fills me but I cannot really describe it," Ronaldo continued.

"This (trophy) is one that I want to win again because it is so good. Therefore, I will wake and I will say to myself 'I want to be even better'."
http://cristianoronaldo7.com/

2008 Ballon d'Or voting
1 - Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester Utd) 446 points
2 - Lionel Messi (Barcelona) 281 pts
3 - Fernando Torres (Liverpool) 179 pts
4 - Iker Casillas (Real Madrid) 133 pts
5 - Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona) 97 pts


Was Ronaldo the rightful recipient for this prestigious award? Who really is the BEST FOOTBALLER IN THE WORLD?? As for now the votes don’t lie, and the debate for the title of BEST in the WORLD, anyone’s name other than Cristiano Ronaldo seems like just bloody ballox to me!!!

For more information dealing with Premiership Football visit - http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer - FOX Soccer Channel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all Fernando Torres.. pretty much is the love of my life! The pub I worked at when i was in Ireland was a Man U pub.. but I loved Liverpool.. and was sad when my boyfriend (Torres) lost haha
But I was very happy for Spain to win the Euro Cup!

Anonymous said...

God, I can't stand Ronaldo. But that's probably just because I'm an Arsenal supporter!

He's one of those guys that you hate if you have to play against him, but love if he's on your team. A more talented Sean Avery perhaps?

Social Media - Fredonia said...

FIRST OF ALL - Torres...is a great player in a few more years he could possibly reach the level of a ronaldo...I'd have to say Liverpool is my 2nd favorite team behind Manchester United.

Vince...you make a very valid point...those who arn't Man U fans usually hate him...but how can you hate a player of such amazing talents...thats like saying you hate Michael Jordan!!

As for the Gunners "Arsenal" they have a great squad...Arsene Wenger is a great coach...but for the past 2 years they some how find a way to crumble at the last minute...its a shame because they have such raw talent...and the team suffers each year with unnecessary injuries. Thomas Rosicky watch out for him, and my favorite player for the gunners - Theo Walcott...he is the future of England in general...I love watching him play

thanks for writing guys!

Who do you think will win the Premier League this year?